Discover the new features, logic changes, bug fixes, breaking changes, and known issues and limitations in Piiano Vault release v0.9.6.
- CLI json output if formatted by default. Added a new flag
-cto get a compact output.
- New configuration to enable masking for the License returned by 'get-license' endpoint.
pvault-devedition for a single-container all-in-one Vault. Docker images available at
- General terminology change!
- Objects and tokens does not expire by default.
hide-builtinsoption and flag changed to
show-builtins(with reverse logic). Builtins are not showed by default.
- Parameters for 'get-token' API moved to from the HTTP request query the HTTP request body.
- Parameters for 'regenerate-user-api-key' API moved to from the HTTP request query the HTTP request body.
- 'get-kms' API URL change:
- Access reason is no longer required by Control APIs.
- 'garbage-collection' API changed from GET HTTP request to POST.
- Fix bug of failure to tokenize from object with TTL.
- Fix bug of Data failed to initialize because of Snowflake ID initialization.
piiano/pvault-lite is still available, but new versions will be pushed to
piiano/pvault-server for this version onwards.
Known issues and limitations
- Queries can match properties only in their base form (properties without transformations, such as
- Some REST API calls do not receive error messages. However, these error messages are printed on the server-side. To view these error messages, use STDOUT or STDERR in Docker. See the Docker article View logs for a container or service for more information on accessing these logs.
- The maximum length of the property name and description is 450 characters.
- The maximum length of the value in encrypted and unencrypted string-based properties, including properties using PTypes for email address, SSN, and bank account number, is limited to 450 characters.
- Encrypted arrays and arrays with mixed elements do not work as expected.
int64values may lose their precision.
- TTL of an object does not affect owned objects, and those may outlive their owner.
- Deletion of a collection will hard-delete its objects.
- No pagination for tokens APIs: Get tokens metadata, Detokenization.
- No pagination for "Get objects by IDs" API. When requesting a number of objects which exceeds the page size (see above), an error is returned.